The Creative Outpost is a non-profit 501c3 organization located in Little Falls, New York, creating opportunities and skills training for the media, film, and technology industries in Upstate New York.
The Creative Outpost is a non-profit 501c3 organization focused on creative content, film, and media education. It is dedicated to teaching the art and craft of filmmaking and media development. It also focuses on establishing the Mohawk Valley as an international destination for media leadership and production. There is a need and opportunity to create a compelling and aspirational attractor for young and rising creatives in this industry in our region.
Our goal is to:
- Develop the best creative problem-solvers and media storytellers in the world
- Centralize and attract commercial media production to the Mohawk Valley region
- Cultivate conversation around what makes good cinema and responsible media messaging, and the effects that film, television, advertising, and the visual media have on culture
- Provide an inspirational space for filmmakers to have the artistic freedom to define and produce what’s next in film and media
- Stream and broadcast inspiring original content from the heart of the Mohawk Valley
- Empower Mohawk Valley residents to explore new career opportunities as well as creative and expressive options by providing inspiration and training through school and community programs
The Creative Outpost’s educational approach has three components that work together holistically: Craft, Communication, and Creation.
Craft includes essential film and video skills of cinematography, editing, sound mixing, lighting and sound design, color correction, and general production. Additionally, we want to provide a unique focus on virtual production, which is rapidly emerging as critical to film and video creation.
Communication and interpersonal skills such as persuasive speaking, writing, presentation, and emotional intelligence help students more easily work in fast-paced and distributed environments.
Creation requires creativity, which requires context – i.e., understanding what, how, and why we got to each point in cinematic production is critical to brilliant filmmaking. Working with teams of leading thinkers from colleges, universities, and the international film and arts communities helps prepare for and define what’s coming next.
Our Board of Directors provides an umbrella for the company to operate in and ensures that the decisions and actions taken by its management are reviewed and held to the mirror.
David E. Warner
Deborah A. Kaufman
Stay Tuned. Sign Up for our Newsletter
Once a month, we’ll send out a newsletter to let you know what
The Creative Outpost has been up to. Sign up below to Stay Connected!
Let’s go old school. Give us a call on the telephone today!
690 E Main St
Little Falls NY 13365